Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cheeseburger Appetizers

When I was little, I can remember my mother making these appetizers every New Years' Eve. Now she serves them at Litton Family Christmas. They are always a hit with groups! They are also my cousin Jason's favorite!

Cheeseburger Appetizers
--------------------------
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. sausage (I use mild)
1 lb. velveeta, cut into cubes
1 package rye cocktail breads

Brown the ground beef and sausage in a skillet over medium heat until thoroughly cooked and crumbled. Drain the fat from the skillet and add velveeta cubes. Simmer on low heat, stirring frequently, until velveeta is melted. Remove from heat. Place 10-12 rye cocktail breads onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place approximately 1-2 tbsp.of meat/velveeta mixture onto each cocktail bread. Bake breads at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until crisp. Makes 3-4 dozen appetizers.

No comments: