Thursday, April 17, 2008

Delicious Bars

I got this recipe from a fellow classmate when I went back to school to get my Bachelor's degree. We would often have class pitch-ins, and as soon as I tasted these bars, I knew I had to have the recipe! These are very rich, so one pan makes a lot of bars..perfect for sharing!


Crust:
1 box (18 ¼ oz.) butter pecan cake mix
1 egg
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened

Topping:
1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar (3 ¼ cups)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

For crust: mix cake mix, egg, and butter together in food processor or with mixer on medium speed until combined. Pat the mixture into a greased 11x13in. pan. Spread evenly. Mix ingredients for the topping in a food processor or with a mixer on medium speed until combined well. Pour topping evenly over the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.

No comments: