Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grandma Litton's Fruit Cobbler

I am sad I did not get to know my Grandma Litton better (she passed away when I was eight) as she also was a nurse. This cobbler recipe is one of my best memories of her, I can remember coming to her house and getting excited when I saw a fresh peach cobbler cooling on the counter! Yum!

Grandma Litton's Fruit Cobbler
---------------------------------
1 29 oz. can peaches, drained *
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 cup sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay stick of butter/margarine in a 9x13 in. baking pan. Put pan in oven until butter is melted. Remove from oven. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in medium-sized bowl. Add sugar and milk, mix all until thoroughly combined. Pour flour mixture over melted butter in 9x13 pan. Drain canned peaches, place peaches over flour mixture in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Makes 12-14 servings.
* You can substitute 1 (21 oz) can pie filling, any flavor, for the peaches to make a different flavored cobbler.

No comments: